A Voice for Citizens - A Force for Change
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan, political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Create your personalized Voter Guide on Vote411
District 1 Board of Education Candidates Forum
March 22, 2018 from 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Where: Pellissippi State Community College,
1610 E Magnolia Ave,
Knoxville, TN 37917
- Andre Canty
- Dametraus Jaggers
- Evetty Satterfield
Moderator: Mark Mellenger, WATE
- League of Women Voters Knoxville/Knox County
- Pellissippi State Community College
- Knoxville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi
- Knoxville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
- Knoxville Area Urban League-Young Professionals
Sheriff Candidates Forum
Tuesday, March 27 from 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Where: Public Works Service Center, 3131 Morris Ave NW, Knoxville, TN 37909
Tom Spangler and Lee Tramel
Moderator: Joyce Feld
The League of Women Voters of Knoxville/Knox County & Alpha Mu Alpha Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha
Board of Education Candidates Forum
March 29 from 6 pm - 8 pm
Where: Fulton High School, 2509 N Broadway Street, Knoxville, Tennessee 37909
Five candidates participating (awaiting confirmation on which ones)
Moderator: Tearsa Smith, WATE
- Allies of Knoxville Immigrant Neighbors (AKIN)
- Centro Hispano
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored
- People-Knox County Branch
- Stop School Pushout
- Voices for Trans Youth
2018 Knox County Primary Election Schedule
- November 17, 2017 - First day to pick up a nominating petition
- February 15, 2018 at NOON - Candidate Qualifying Deadline
- February 22, 2018 at NOON - Candidate Withdrawal Deadline
- January 31, 2018 - First day to request an absentee ballot
- April 2, 2018 - Final day to register to vote before election
- April 11, 2018 - First day of Early Voting period
- April 24, 2018 - Final day to request an absentee ballot
- April 26, 2018 - Final day of Early Voting period
- May 1, 2018 - Election Day
Local Voting Information
Valid Forms of Identification for Voting
Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
- Tennessee driver license with your photo
- United States Passport
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Photo ID issued by the federal or Tennessee state government
- United States Military photo ID
- Tennessee handgun carry permit with your photo
What IDs are not acceptable?
College student IDs and photo IDs not issued by the federal or Tennessee state government are NOT acceptable. This includes county or city issued photo IDs, such as library cards, and photo IDs issued by other states.
If you are unsure or have questions about your photo ID, contact your county election commission or the Division of Elections at 1-877-850-4959.
ACA Town Hall
Did you miss the ACA Town Hall? Watch the full event at WATE.com
. The LWVKKC was so proud to be a sponsor of this event!
LWVKKC has a new listserv for email communication to ALL our electronically connected members! Please add this address to your address book/contact list: email@example.com
·Note that where spaces appear in this address, they are actually underlines (league_women_voters_knox...)
·To send a message, simply write to this address.
·If you have multiple email addresses, please be aware that you must send your message using the email address with which you are subscribed to the list.
·To reply to a message from this address, be aware that it will REPLY TO ALL, so please be considerate.
·If you have listserv questions or problems, please contact Lisa Starbuck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in the League of Women Voters of Knoxville/Knox County?
Thank you for visiting our website. For more information on what we do, please click on any of the buttons at left. For membership information, please click "Join LWV" or email email@example.com
LWV Membership Brochure
Subscribe to our newsletter